ACE3600 Basic Maintenance Class Syllabus
RTU Basic Maintenance Training (2.5 days) Accommodates up to 8 students. Computers are not provide by GDSI and must be supplied by the students.
- Provide students with an understanding of the Motorola SCADA product and its capabilities.
- Give the students the ability to Download Site Configurations, Application, Network Configuration, and Flash Programs.
- Instruct the student on the use of maintenance features within the Motorola Programming Software.
- Instruct students on various hardware tests and calibration for I/O modules.
- Provide instruction on the site configuration of individual RTU's.
- Provide instruction on the use system network configurations.
- Instruct students on the uses of Process and Database monitoring within the application programmer.
- Give the students the ability to troubleshoot hardware down to the module level.
- Provide training on troubleshooting conventional Radio communications with the RTU equipment.
NOTE: This is a Maintenance class. In-depth ladder logic programming is not covered in this class
Maintenance and Service Class Outline
- Typical Applications
- Discussion on uses of the Motorola SCADA equipment
- Communication Media
- Other Media
- RTU Nomenclature and structure
- CPU to Power Sources
- I/O Modules Details
- Digital Module
- Analog Modules
- Specialty Modules
- Toolbox Operation
- Installation / Setup
- Site Configuration
- Application Programs
- Hardware Diagnostics
- Software Diagnostics
- Radio Communication tests and diagnostics
- Check Forward / Reflected Power
- Check Modulation / Deviation
- Check Receive Sensitivity