Wonderware Programming Class Syllabus
This course covers the use ofÂ WonderwareÂ®Â InTouchâ„?/strong> central computer software as used in a Motorola communication system utilizing ACE3600 or MOSCAD remote stations. Training is conducted over a 4.5-day period.
Train the student on the basic use of the WonderwareÂ® InTouchâ„?software package as it applies to Motorola ACE3600,Â MOSCAD or Intrac Systems. Provide training on defining and using the central database as the operator interface. Educate the student on how the communication is defined between the central computer and the FIU (ACE3600 and/or MOSCAD Field Interface Unit).
- System Overview of the communication system and the requirements for a central computer site. Basic description of the software and the hardware environment required.
- Software Installation/Software Key Installation of InTouchâ„?software and options required for interfacing with an ACE3600 or MOSCAD FIU (MODBUS). The hardware key is briefly covered with the use of different program modes.
- Basic Database Definition for organizing the database (alarm groups, system default tags, customizing the configuration, defining users and privilege levels, priority levels defined). Defining the ACE3600 or MOSCAD Interface (creating InTouchâ„?topics for MODBUS, defining MODBUS in the ACE3600 or MOSCAD FIU, FIU data table considerations). Basic Database Tag Definition, internal only (discrete: inputs/outputs, integers: inputs/outputs, real (floating point) values: inputs/outputs).
- I/O Addressing for MODBUS Tags (DDE). Calculating the 'Base Address" Addressing methods: MODBUS and Absolute Using the base address to create I/O addresses: inputs Vs outputs, accessing bits in FIU values (inputs only).
- Display Editing Window types: replace, overlay, popup Window attributes (location, colors, etc.) Planning screen navigation organization. Graphic symbols (Toolbox overview, customizing tools), (basic symbol creation, basic shapes, text: static & dynamic), (alignment, distribution and grouping), (symbol animation (discrete, values, interfacing with system tags)). Alarm summary and alarm history windows Real-time and historical trends.
- Scripting Basics. Scripting types (application, window, event and animation scripts, and triggering scripts). Using scripts to control ACE3600 or MOSCAD data.
- Other related Subjects. Historical files on hard drive Security (password protection). Restricting user access to other programs. Deleting unused or previously used tags.